- Hardcover: 288 pages
- Publisher: Victory Belt Publishing; 1 edition (Feb. 25 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1628600195
- ISBN-13: 978-1628600193
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.5 x 22.9 cm
- Shipping Weight: 612 g
- Average Customer Review: 19 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #122,633 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Eat the Yolks Hardcover – Feb 25 2014
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Liz Wolfe is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP™) certified by the Nutritional Therapy Association who is passionate about dismantling widespread nutrition myths and discovering the truth about food. She works with individuals, businesses, and nonprofits to develop nutrition programming based around real, whole foods, and she documents her personal adventures in cooking, nutrition, and homesteading on her much-loved blog, CaveGirlEats.com. When she’s not enjoying fresh eggs from her free-range chicken flock or hanging out with her goats, dog, or husband, she’s serving as ambassador for her favorite nonprofits: Steve’s Club National Program, which provides athletic training and mentorship to at-risk youth; and The First Twenty, an organization dedicated to improving the long-term health of America’s firefighters.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The manner in which it is written is easy and fun (even pop culture references from my era!)
2. Liz hits on so many of the myths that we take for granted and busts them right open (great to have ammunition for when you are being questioned for the way that you are eating)
3. Liz tells it like it is - the 'food' that we are eating today is 'crap' and there really isn't a better way to say it.
4. Liz is the real deal. This book was written with love and genuine concern for our health. She truly wants to make a difference. Her passion and conviction (as well as personality) shines through on every page.
The best books that I have read helped me learn something but also inspire me to want to make a change in my life. This book is one of those gems that have allowed me to do just that. Thanks Liz for a great book!
The content of this book is organized into distinct sections that help the reader zero in on the subject matter at hand. Liz divides her book into chapters that are geared towards FAT, PROTEIN, CARBS, NUTRIENTS, and of course bookended with an introduction and conclusion. She also incorporates her awesome mantra of ‘nutrition in 100 words’ to end things off. I absolutely LOVE this!!!
When reading this book, I truthfully DID NOT want to put it down. After flipping each page I knew the end was growing nearer. When it was finished, I was sad. I didn’t want it to be over! HAHA!!! Liz’s voice and personality really shine through, as she goes through and dispels many common myths associated with ‘conventional wisdom/thinking’ about nutrition. It is evident that Liz took the time to carefully research what she was writing about, and included appropriate references in the back.
YOU WILL WANT TO GIVE THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW! Seriously!! Yes, especially the people that still think red meat is bad more you, those that are convinced that butter is clogging your arteries, peeps that work diligently to pop the yolks out their hard-boiled eggs and throw them in the garbage, instead of tossing them in their yap! You got it, all those folks and everyone else for that matter. Young, old, male, female…this book is for ALL!!! It could quite possibly change your life. I know it has for me! PS – that reminds me, my copy is on loan to a friend and I need to get it back, because another friend is next in line. Snag your own copy today. You will be so happy you did!
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews