- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Economy of Green Cities: A World Compendium on the Green Urban Economy Hardcover – Nov 7 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Green Economy is a key theme of the June 2012 Rio+20 UN Conference on Sustainable Development. The inclusive Green Urban Economy approach embodies a challenge to local government leaders and city practitioners to apply existing tools and methods in new ways to develop innovative approaches by engaging economic-environmental considerations and stakeholders in a much more active fashion.
This volume bridges the gap between the global promotion of the Green Economy and the manifestation of this new development strategy at the urban level. Green cities are an imperative solution, not only in meeting global environmental challenges but also in helping to ensure socio-economic prosperity at the local level.
Environmentalists must learn to understand the language and dynamics of the economy, and to combine important economic interests (such as cost savings) with ecological interests (such as saving of resources). Business and economic leaders must also understand and accommodate ecological interests to advance social improvement and sustainable development.
The editors compiled contributions of varying perspectives and practical experiences from the emerging fields of environmental economics, urban development and green cities, along with concrete examples from city governments.
The Economy of Green Cities documents and demonstrates the different layers of knowledge required for a Green Urban Economy. The compendium supports researchers, business thinkers and practitioners to explore, detail and discuss an urban Green Economy agenda.
About the Author
Richard V. Simpson is a native Rhode Islander and a graphic designer by trade. After retiring from a 29-year Federal Civil Service career, he became an antique dealer and a nonfiction writer. His in-depth knowledge of antique glass and porcelain and his specialty of glass paperweights encouraged him to write for the national Antiques and Collecting Magazine which published 85 of his articles. As his home town's defacto historian he began writing histories of Bristol and Bristol related subjects. He has written five books about the America's Cup yachts and this is his third book with a military subject. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Economic Conditions
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Environmental Economics
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Natural Resources
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Urban & Regional
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Human Geography
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Urban Planning & Development
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Economic Conditions
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Natural Resources
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Urban & Regional
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geography
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Environmental Science
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Economics
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Management
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Earth Sciences
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Environmental Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Geography
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Public Policy