- Product Dimensions: 14 x 8.9 x 1.8 cm ; 27 g
- Shipping Weight: 45 g
- Item model number: EW-7811Un
- ASIN: B003MTTJOY
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Nov. 9 2011
- Average Customer Review: 271 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #352 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 5.54 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Edimax EW-7811Un 150Mbps 11n Wi-Fi USB Adapter, Nano Size Lets You Plug it and Forget it, Ideal for Raspberry Pi / Pi2, Supports Windows, Mac OS, Linux (Black/Gold)
|List Price:||CDN$ 20.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 16.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 4.00 (19%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA products qualify for FREE Shipping
If you're a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfilment by Amazon .
- Supports 150 Mbps 802.11n Wireless data rate - the latest wireless standard. Permits users to have the farthest range with the widest coverage. (Up to 6 times the speed and 3 times the coverage of 802.11b.).
- Power Saving designed to support smart transmit power control and auto-idle state adjustment
- Supports WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia) Standard so that you can let different types of data have higher priority. It would allows better streaming of real-time data such as Video, Music, Skype etc
- Includes multi-language EZmax setup wizard
- Spec Standards IEEE 802.11n; backward compatible with 802.11b/g Wi-Fi Certified. Security 64/128 bit WEP Encryption and WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK security; WPS compatible IEEE 802.1X
- Port 1 x 2.0 USB Type A. Wireless Data Rates Up to 150 Mbps. Modulation OFDM: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, DSSS. Frequency Band 2.4GHz - 2.4835GHz. Antenna internal chip antenna
- Channels (FCC) 2.4GHz : 1~11. Power Input USB Port (Self-Powered). Dimensions 0.28" x 0.59" x 0.73". Temperature 0 -40 degree C (32-104 degree F). Humidity 10 ~ 90% Non-Condensing. System XP/Vista/Win7, Mac, Linux
- Supports 150 Mbps 802.11n Wireless data rate - the latest wireless standard. Permits users to have the farthest range with the widest coverage. (Up to 6 times the speed and 3 times the coverage of 802.11b.).^Power Saving designed to support smart transmit power control and auto-idle state adjustment^Supports WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia) Standard so that you can let different types of data have higher priority. It would allows better streaming of real-time data such as Video, Music, Skype etc^Includes multi-language EZmax setup wizard^Spec Standards IEEE 802.11n; backward compatible with 802.11b/g Wi-Fi Certified. Security 64/128 bit WEP Encryption and WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK security; WPS compatible IEEE 802.1X^Port 1 x 2.0 USB Type A. Wireless Data Rates Up to 150 Mbps. Modulation OFDM: BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, DSSS. Frequency Band 2.4GHz - 2.4835GHz. Antenna internal chip antenna^~Channels (FCC) 2.4GHz : 1~~11. Power Input USB Port (Self-Powered). Dimensions 0.28" x 0.59" x 0.73". Temperature 0 -40 degree C (32-104 degree F). Humidity 10 ~~ 90% Non-Condensing. System XP/Vista/Win7, Mac, Linux~
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
EDIMAX EW-7811UnR2 IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wireless Mini Nano Size USB Adapter, Up to 150Mbps Data Rates, with 16 languages EZmax setup wizard for easy installation
From the Manufacturer
N150 Nano Size Wi-Fi USB Adapter
Up to 150Mbps 802.11n Wireless Speed
Complies with wireless 802.11b/g/n standards with data rate up to 150Mbps (2.4Ghz).
Nano Size Design, Plug in and Forget it
With Nano size design, you can connect EW-7811Un to any USB port without blocking other USB ports. It can stay connected to your laptop.
Supports Windows 10
Windows 10 has integrated with EW-7811Un adapter driver. It can be Plug & Play on Windows 10.
EW-7811Un can also support Linux Kernel. Please contact Edimax Tech Support for Linux driver compatibility.
Features & Compatibility
- Support Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Support Mac OSX 10.x
- Support Raspberry Pi & Pi 2 and other Linux systems.
- Two-year Limited Manufacturer Warranty.
- Free US Based Technical Support.
Ideal for Raspberry Pi/Pi 2
Supports up to 150Mbps when connecting with RPi 2. Plug & Play!
|Product Name||N150 Nano Wi-Fi USB Adapter||N300 Mini Wi-Fi USB Adapter||AC600 Dual Band Mini Wi-Fi USB Adapter||AC600 Dual Band High-Gain Wi-Fi USB Adapter||AC450 Wi-Fi USB Adapter||AC1200 Dual Band Wi-Fi USB Adapter|
|Max Wireless Speed||2.4GHz: 150Mbps||2.4GHz: 300Mbps||2.4GHz: 150Mbps 5GHz: 433Mbps||2.4GHz: 150Mbps 5GHz: 433Mbps||5GHz: 433Mbps||2.4GHz: 300Mbps 5GHz: 866Mbps|
|USB Version||USB 2.0||USB 2.0||USB 2.0||USB 2.0||USB 2.0||USB 3.0|
|Dual Band||- 2.4GHz only||- 2.4GHz only||✓||✓||- 5GHz only||✓|
|Mini Nano Size||✓||✓||✓||-||✓||-|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
-Low power consumption is perfect for those using it on a raspberry pi since It does not require an externally powered usb hub.
-Small form factor does not block other usb ports.
-Compatible out of the box with the raspberry pi-no additional drivers need to be installed manually.
-No 5 GHz band support.
-Range is limited even for a 2.4 GHz only adapter-Dont expect to get 150mbps unless you're right next to your router
-While cheap, there are far better alternatives for a few dollars more.
Overall, i would recommend this device if you're planning to build a compact pc and need basic wireless connectivity. DO NOT BUY THIS IS YOU PLAN TO USE IT TO STREAM MEDIA CONTENT AT A DISTANCE GREATER THAN 20 METERS. The transfer speeds are not good enough to get smooth playback or establish a stable enough connection.
This usb network card works beautifully on Fedora 17 with one minor caveat: you'll have to download the drivers from Realtek's site. They're not included with Fedora by default. That said, this is a huge improvement over my internal adapter which had very serious problems with Linux (it's another wireless card which uses Realtek's rtl8723e drivers which are unfortunately still prototypes). So, if you're a Linux user and you're wondering, these work just fine with Realtek's own drivers. Additionally, if you're not a very advanced user, the drivers aren't as difficult to install as many kernel modules - it's just a matter of running a script provided by Realtek. You need the RTL8192CU drivers from Realtek's site. Be careful not to accidentally get the RTL8192SU drivers the first time around as I did, or the RTL8188CUS drivers.
Additionally, while I can't speak for the Windows drivers, I'd assume they're functional and can certainly vouch for the hardware seeming solid at least.
Seeing as the product doesn't even technically advertise Linux support, this is pretty good. Especially for $13. 5 stars.
Oh, and it's amazingly tiny! You can barely see it sticking out of the USB port and it certainly doesn't get in the way. I have no idea how it even works.
It's also incredibly small - the smallest USB wifi adapter I've ever seen.
There's nothing I can fault with this product. Issues in setting up wifi are commonplace, but that's usually a problem with your platform or software, not the adapter. At this price this is an absolute steal and worth having an extra one in your parts drawer as a backup.
root@raspberrypi:~# uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 3.10.25+ #622 PREEMPT Fri Jan 3 18:41:00 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
root@raspberrypi:~# cat /etc/network/interfaces
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
iface default inet dhcp
root@raspberrypi:~# cat /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
# Protocol type can be: RSN (for WPA2) and WPA (for WPA1)
# Key management type can be: WPA-PSK or WPA-EAP (Pre-Shared or Enterprise)
# Pairwise can be CCMP or TKIP (for WPA2 or WPA1)
#Authorization option should be OPEN for both WPA1/WPA2 (less commonly used are SHARED and LEAP)
Most recent customer reviews
Used in my Raspberry Pi. Works perfect, no fuss. Also worked with no trouble at all in my old laptop running Linux.Published 29 days ago by AJ
:-) great product. Was on time. Had everything in the box. The discription was perfect. Worked fo me 100%Published 1 month ago by Farrukh
Arrived fast, easy to install and use. Network speed is adequate, however tends to get throttled by other wireless devices on the same network.Published 1 month ago by Kelly Z