Editing Canadian English - Second Edition - Revised, Updated, and Redesigned Hardcover – May 15 2000
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“A truly excellent guide…it deserves a place near the computer of everyone in Canada who writes or edits.…The prose is often simple to the point of elegance…[the authors] are professional editors, after all: they know their stuff.”
–Quill & Quire
About the Author
The Editors’ Association of Canada / L’Association canadienne des rédacteurs-réviseurs (EAC/ACR) is a national organization of more than one thousand English- and French-language editors. EAC/ACR sponsors professional development seminars and promotes and maintains high standards of editing and publishing in Canada. Other publications include Meeting Editorial Standards and the annual EAC Directory of Editors.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Having worked in marketing and communications and then transitioning into government policy research, I continue to use this as a reference for any questions I have. Their concordance table of spellings by particular dictionary (e.g. Webster's, Oxford Canadian, and a few others) is invaluable.
Anyone who does writing in any profession would greatly benefit from this book.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I'm quite surprised that the book is available for sale here, given that the company which produced it was bought-out and the book hasn't been in print for over a year. So, if you've ever thought about buying this book, GET IT NOW while it lasts!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Speech
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Vocabulary, Slang, & Word Lists
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Editing
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Writing Skills