- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Egalitarian Spirit of Christianity: The Sacred Roots of American and British Government Paperback – Feb 15 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Frequently scholars of political science and of history miss the importance of religion in the development of British and American government and economic life. Attempts at correcting this lacuna often are wrongheaded… However, in this erudite study Strehle gets it right. Recommended. Upper-level undergraduates and above."
— D.A. Brown, CHOICE
About the Author
Stephen Strehle is professor of philosophy and religion at Christopher Newport University. He is the author of The Separation of Church and State; Calvinism, Federalism, and Scholasticism; The Catholic Roots of the Protestant Gospel; and The Egalitarian Spirit of Christianity.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Church History
- Books > History > Americas
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > History & Theory
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political History
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology > Religion
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Church & State
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Sociology