Electric Motors and Drives: Fundamentals, Types and Applications Paperback – Jan 6 2006
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“This book is very readable, up-to-date and should be extremely useful to both users and o.e.m. designers. I unhesitatingly recommend it to any busy engineer who needs to make informed judgments about selecting the right drive system.
― Drives and Controls
“A very useful reference book for anyone wanting a comprehensive understanding of motors and drives ... I have not seen another book which covers this wide subject more comprehensively and in such an easy-to-read style.
― Silicon Chip, May 2006
“I would regard this book as a light but broad coverage of many motor and drive concepts that have been around a long time.
― Dennis Feucht, Innovatia.com
“The coverage of drive types and behaviors is thorough and up to date.
― Electrical Apparatus, May 2006
Understand the capabilities and limitations of motors and drives with this practical guide for students and professionalsSee all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
This book goes over each type of motor, proper applications for each type of motor, and the general methods used to drive them. As the other reviews state, there isn't a lot of math involved, however, the concepts are clearly presented from a system perspective.
If you are a systems or manufacturing engineer trying to find the right type of motor to suite an application, this book is for you. If you are a circuit-level engineer looking to maximize efficiency with waveforms while using economical design techniques, this book is not for you. I would give a recommendation, but I haven't found that book yet.
I especially found the chapters on the fundamentals of motor magnetics (Chapter 1), DC motors (Chapter 3), and induction motors (Chapter 5) the most enlightening because they clearly explain why/how motors work. These chapters only make the book well worth it's price.
I would like to have seen a few example circuit schematics for a dc and/or an ac drive but these are probably topics better left for another book.
I have been interested in electric automobiles and this book provides an excellent foundation on basic motors and the power drive systems.
I highly recommend this book. Well worth the investment. Top notch for anyone's library.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Aerospace > Advanced Mechanics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Mechanics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electric Machinery & Motors
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Mechanical
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Mathematics
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Mechanical Engineering