Elementary Particle Physics in a Nutshell Hardcover – Oct 30 2011
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"[T]he book is a valuable and important addition to libraries, personal and institutional. It would serve as an excellent textbook to students taking up research in elementary particle physics and also as a reference volume."--B. Ananthanarayan, Current Science
From the Back Cover
"This is a remarkable book in its breadth and depth, with many beautiful and useful things in it. It provides a very timely introduction to the physics of the LHC era with clarity and sophistication."--Henry J. Frisch, University of Chicago
"Tully's book provides a new perspective on elementary particle physics as the era of the LHC begins. Elementary Particle Physics in a Nutshell gives the starting student or seasoned practitioner the substance and style of LHC physics while also giving the development of the Standard Model its due. The author has been painstaking in the exposition of paradoxes that are not normally discussed in texts at this level. A superb book."--Peter Fisher, Massachusetts Institute of TechnologySee all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Molecular Physics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Nuclear Physics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Quantum Theory
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Molecular Physics
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Nuclear Physics > Atomic & Nuclear Physics
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Nuclear Physics > Particle Physics
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Quantum Theory
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Physics