The Elements of Reasoning Paperback – Mar 24 2006
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Ronald Munson is Professor of Philosophy of Science and Medicine at the University of Missouri-St. Louis. He received his PhD from Columbia University and was Postdoctoral Fellow in Biology at Harvard University. He has been a visiting professor at University of California, San Diego, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, and Harvard Medical School. A nationally acclaimed bioethicist, Munson is a medical ethicist for the National Eye Institute and a consultant for the National Cancer Institute. He is also a member of the Washington University School of Medicine Human Studies Committee. In addition to being the author of a number of science and ethics books, he is also the author of the novels NOTHING HUMAN, FAN MAIL, and NIGHT VISION.
Andrew Black has been teaching in the Philosophy Department since fall 1999. Before coming to UMSL, he taught for eight years at Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, and for one year at Dartmouth College. He holds the Ph.D. in philosophy from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Dr. Black specializes in the history of philosophy, particularly the philosophy of the seventeenth century. He has published articles on Descartes, Malebranche, and Leibniz. Other areas of Dr. Black's expertise include analytic philosophy, logic, and the philosophy of science.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
However, this book was very concise and brief, and generally, I was able to grasp the concepts. Learning should be concise, especially like we all use to in grammar school.
Insightful, brief, and easy to understand.
Overall, buy, read, and learn this book with confidence!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > By Topic > Reasoning
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Cognitive
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Logic & Language
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Science
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences > Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Cognitive Psychology