Elgato Video Capture, Capture analog video for your Mac or PC, iPad and iPhone, white
|List Price:||CDN$ 131.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 110.73 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 21.26 (16%)|
- Transfer video from a VCR or other analog video source to your Mac or PC
- Easy-to-use software guides you through every step
- Captures video in the universal H.264 digital format – ready for iPad, iMovie, Windows Live Movie Maker, and YouTube
- World-ready; handles NTSC, SECAM, PAL and PAL/60 video
- Comes with Elgato Video Capture, Composite-to-SCART adapter, Composite video/RCA stereo cable
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Digitize video from a VCR, camcorder and other analog video sources for playback on your Mac, PC and iPad. Transfer video to your Mac or PC from a VCR, DVR, camcorder, or any other analog video device as a high quality H.264 file. Elgato Video Capture’s easy-to-use software assists you through every step, from connecting an analog video device to capturing video and choosing how you will watch and share it. There is no easier way to digitize home videos to playback on your computer, to sync with an iPad or iPhone, to edit in iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker, or to upload to YouTube.
From the Manufacturer
Elgato Video Capture - Capture analog video for your Mac or PC, iPad and iPhone
Digitize video from a VCR, camcorder and other analogue video sources for playback on your Mac, PC and iPad.
Transfer video to your Mac or PC from a VCR, DVR, camcorder, or any other analogue video device as a high quality H.264 file. Elgato Video Capture’s easy-to-use software assists you through every step, from connecting an analogue video device to capturing video and choosing how you will watch and share it.
There is no easier way to digitize home video to playback on your computer, to sync with an iPad or iPhone, to edit in iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker, or to upload to YouTube.
Put family memories on your computer
The era of VHS tapes is winding down, and after three decades there is a lot of video content to transfer for modern playback devices. What’s more, any video stored on magnetic tape (such as VHS, Video8 and Hi8) has a limited life span and deteriorates over time.
Elgato Video Capture provides an easy way to bring those precious memories into iTunes or your Windows Media Player library.
Every step is made simple
Elgato Video Capture is very easy to use. The software assistant guides you through every step, from connecting an analogue video device to capturing video and choosing how you will watch and share it. The software offers a simple tool to trim the beginning and end of the captured video.
With just one click, you can add your video to iTunes or to your Windows Media Player library; you can play back the video on your computer or sync it with your iPad or iPhone; you can upload your video directly to YouTube; and you can edit it right away in iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker.
Video to your computer from a DVR, DVD Player, or Set-Top Box
Perhaps you’ve been given a DVD from a family event or reunion and you want to share it by posting it on your website or on YouTube. Or you’ve saved some great movies and TV shows on your DVR and want to play them back on your iPad.
Elgato Video Capture can connect and capture video to your Mac or PC from any device that has composite 'RCA' or S-Video outputs. It also comes with a SCART adapter.
- Elgato Video Capture
- Composite-to-SCART adapter
- Composite video/RCA stereo cable
Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or later
PC: Windows 7 or later, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (or comparable), sound card
Elgato Video Capture automatically detects NTSC, SECAM, PAL and PAL/60 video formats for worldwide compatibility.
- Video resolution: 640×480 (4:3) or 640×360 (16:9)
- Video format Mac Software: H.264 at 1.4 MBit/sec or MPEG-4 at 2.4 MBit/se
- Video format PC Software: H.264 at 1.4 MBit/se
- Audio: AAC, 48kHZ, 128 kBit/sec
Generated files can be synced with video capable iPads, iPods, iPhones and Apple TV and can be edited in iMovie or Windows Live Movie Maker without re-encoding.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Installing software was very easy and straightforward.
Hooking up the product to VCR was no problem at all.
Got it working within 5 minutes.
Transfers VHS videos to your PC with no problem at all.
Very happy to be able to do this finally.
Some minor quibbles.
1. The software must be installed from disk. Not every computer comes with a CD-ROM these days (my MacBook Air doesn't, although it works very well with the Elgato), and I would have liked a download option.
2. The menus are simple but sometimes maybe a little too limited in their options. For example, a recording can be set to turn off automatically after a certain amount of time - very useful if you want to leave a long tape recording while you go out. But the options for time are limited to exact lengths (1 hour, 2 hours, etc.) and the maximum is three hours. A typical two hour tape is just over 2 hours 2 minutes, or 6 hours 6 minutes on extended play. I would have liked these options on the recording menu, or a custom option where I could set my own length.
Overall, though, I am very pleased with this purchase. It has replaced a couple of older machines, and is a great way of converting shelves of old tapes into a small hard drive of files. It works, and works well.
Most recent customer reviews
This works as expected, the only thing I'm not a fan of is that it must run in real time, although this isn't the devices fault necessarily. Read morePublished 5 days ago by J. Clarke
Not too bad but there are not many option in market, It is easy to use but quality of picture not as good as I expect.Published 5 days ago by Farnet
Works not too badly, but unfortunately, if you use the "time out" feature, your project will get deleted when the timer runs out. So you have to sit and watch it.Published 24 days ago by Amazon Customer
Amazing product! Would highly recommend it. I was able to convert all my old home movies.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
software is not very good. no matter what, you get choppy, noisy videoPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Completely fouled up my PC with "unknown USB device" that kept trying to install but never succeeded, in process it disabled all my usb ports at a low level somehow and had... Read morePublished 1 month ago by R. Steger
Works great. I've converted a couple of old VHSC tapes and the results were very good. The setup is quick - just plug the device into a USB port and then hook up the camcorder. Read morePublished 1 month ago by M. Schmidt