Eloise's What I Absolutely Love Love Love Hardcover – Jan 1 2005
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Kay Thompson (1909–1998) was a singer, dancer, vocal arranger, and coach of many MGM musicals in the 1940s. The Eloise character grew out of the voice of a precocious six-year-old that Miss Thompson put on to amuse her friends. Collaborating with Hilary Knight on what was an immediate bestseller, Kay Thompson became a literary sensation when Eloise was published in 1955. The book has sold more than two million copies to date. Kay Thompson and Hilary Knight created four more Eloise books, Eloise in Paris, Eloise at Christmas, Eloise in Moscow, and Eloise Takes a Bawth.
Hilary Knight, son of artist-writers Clayton Knight and Katharine Sturges, was educated at the Art Students League, where he studied with Reginald Marsh. Besides the Eloise books, Hilary Knight has illustrated more than fifty books for children, six of which he wrote himself. He lives and works in New York City, not far from The Plaza Hotel.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The drawings were based on the art of Hilary Knight.. Not like on the original books where they say Drawings by Hilary Knight.. If your like me I believe the drawings made the books!! I'm sorry that Hilary and Kay Thompson had a falling out and more original books couldn't have been produced..
This book reminds me a little of See Jane Run.. Not much to it I don't know that Kay Thompson would have approved on this book being published in Hardback???? Save your money unless you love collecting Eloise books..
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Where We Live > City Life
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Where We Live > Farm Life
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Emotions & Feelings
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Girls & Women
- Books > Children's Books > Humour > Humourous Stories
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Kids & Family Store > Ages 4-8