- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Embedded Java Security: Security for Mobile Devices Paperback – Dec 18 2006
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the reviews:
"This book addresses the very important and timely topic of security on mobile wireless devices. ... this is a convincing book, written in a clear style, that addresses a hot topic. It can be very useful to postgraduates and security engineers, who design or manage mobile systems." (D. Grigoras, Computing Reviews, December, 2008)
From the Back Cover
Whereas Java brings functionality and versatility to the world of mobile devices, at the same time it also introduces new security threats. The rapid growth of the number of mobile devices that support Java makes this a pressing issue. Embedded Java Security carefully examines the security aspects of Java and offers a security evaluation for the Java platform.
After explaining background material on the architecture of embedded platforms and relating to its role in security, the book deconstructs the security model into its main components: It explains each component and relates it to the aim of securing the applications and the device. Toward this end, several implementations of the Java platform are examined and tested to relate the model to its actual implementation on devices. The security holes found are further used to clarify security issues and point out common errors. Finally, the book provides an evaluation of embedded Java security that includes security models and security tests performed on real-life implementations.
Topics and features:
• Presents the security model underlying Java ME
• Provides a vulnerability analysis of Java CLDL and a risk analysis study of Java ME vulnerabilities
• Supplies an example of a protection profile for Java ME - illustrated using the common criteria framework
• Discusses the most prominent standards that are relevant for Java ME security
• Reports on areas of common vulnerabilities, and considers specifications and programming mistakes
• Hints and suggestions are provided as ways for hardening security
This invaluable volume provides researchers and practitioners with a broader and deeper understanding of the issues involved in embedded Java security, and, as a larger view, mobile-devices security. It can also serve as an ancillary course text or helpful guide for self study in the field.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Certification Central > Exams > Security+
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science > Software Engineering > Information Systems
- Books > Computers & Technology > Hardware
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Network Security
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Networks, Protocols & APIs
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Java
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Software Development
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Security & Encryption > Encryption
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Risks
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Networking
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Software Design & Engineering