Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide Hardcover – Sep 1999
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Further loss of editorial control is also evident on a close read. It is apparent that a spell-checker was used for proof-reading (substitutions of the nature of "week" for "weak" abound) and in some areas clinical formulae have been mis-stated -- example: calculation of effective osmolarity, pg. 1341 (though correct elsewhere in the book). The index seems somewhat disorganized, with references to isolated appearance of a word (example: see *first* reference listing to "hyperglycemia"... certainly not the definitive source in the text). This problem is not isolated.
The book has expanded by approximately 500 pages over the 4th edition, totalling more than 2000 pages. Its size makes it unwieldly to read or carry; it should have been separated into 2 volumes. Even with that expansion, much useful information is missing.Read more ›
In short, this book is a truly comprehensive review AND update of this exciting specialty. Even the seasoned ER physician will learn something new in this book.
The book is split into several chapters which makes finding a particular subject easy.
WARNING: This book is HUGE and VERY HEAVY. Definitely not for the squeamish!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Allied Health Professions > Medical Assistants
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Emergency Medicine
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Reference > Education & Training
- Books > Science & Math > Education
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Allied Health Professions > Medical Assistants
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Education & Training
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Emergency Medicine