- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Encyclopedia of Adolescence Hardcover – Sep 5 2011
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the reviews:
Choice - Outstanding Academic Title in 2012
“Encyclopedia offers a comprehensive examination of adolescence. … provides a broad sense of research in the field and wide breadth (ranging from parenting styles to terrorism). … the essays contain thorough analyses that are clear to nonexperts on adolescence. … This material is highly useful for anyone interested in pursuing research. … The editor recommends this … for educators, students, researchers, and practitioners, but parents who want more information on adolescence would benefit as well. Summing Up: Highly recommended. Lower-level undergraduates and above; general readers.” (W. S. Miner, Choice, Vol. 49 (11), July, 2012)
About the Author
Roger J.R. Levesque, J.D. (Columbia Law School), Ph.D. (Psychology, the University of Chicago), is professor of criminal justice at Indiana University and Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Youth and Adolescence. Prior to his current faculty position, he was Professor of Psychology and Law at the University of Arizona.
Professor Levesque's research focuses on the legal regulation of families and the nature of children/adolescents' rights. In addition to having published numerous journal articles, Levesque is the author of eight books (and editor of one) dealing mainly with the nature family life and the laws that shape our intimate lives. His most recent text Adolescents, Media, and the Law was published by Oxford University Press in 2007. One of his other texts dealing with intersections between human development and the law, Not by Faith Alone: Religion, Law and Adolescence (New York University Press), won the Society for the Study of Adolescence 2004 best authored book award. He also is the author of the first (and still only) law case book, Child Maltreatment Law (Carolina Academic Press), which presents legal materials and related social science information to help readers understand the breadth and depth of legal responses to child maltreatment.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Adolescent Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Child Psychology > Development
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Child Psychology > Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Developmental Psychology
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Reference > Medical Encyclopedias
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Crime & Criminals > Criminology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Reference > Medical Encyclopedias
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Educational Philosophy
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Criminology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Developmental Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Sociology