Encyclopedia of Dietary Supplements, Second Edition (Print) Hardcover – Jun 25 2010
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Mark Levine has been Stephen Pollan's collaborator for more than eighteen years. Together they have authored numerous books, including the national bestsellers Lifescripts, Live Rich, and Die Broke, and most recently, Second Acts. They have been nominated for three National Magazine Awards.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Whatever the content of this book, its price earns it one star.
This is insane. There is nothing in such a book that couldn't be found for free on Wikipedia or in the rare case of some product with real effects, via Google.
For natural products like herbs, most of their useful properties were figured out centuries ago. These are available much more affordably in sources like Maud Grieve's "A Modern Herbal" or John Lust's "The Herb Book". For non-natural substances, read as much as you can, for instance in books like Sheldon Hendler's "PDR for Nutritional Supplements", and be skeptical; many claims supported by early studies have been shown to be false in later, bigger, more well controlled studies. In all cases, whether natural, non-natural, or unnatural, be skeptical. Especially when they're presented in a $1K book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Herbal Remedies
- Books > Medical Books > Alternative & Holistic
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Reference
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Nutrition
- Books > Medical Books > Pharmacology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Alternative & Holistic
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Pharmacology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Reference
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Special Topics > Nutrition
- Books > Science & Math > Reference > Medical
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Alternative Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Pharmacology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Nutrition
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Reference