- Actors: Jude Law, Ed Harris, Joseph Fiennes, Rachel Weisz, Bob Hoskins
- Directors: Jean-Jacques Annaud
- Writers: Jean-Jacques Annaud, Alain Godard
- Producers: Jean-Jacques Annaud, Alain Godard, Alisa Tager, John D. Schofield, Jörg Reichl
- Format: Special Edition, NTSC
- Language: English, German, Russian
- Number of tapes: 1
- MPAA Rating:
- Studio: Paramount Home Video
- VHS Release Date: Jan. 8 2004
- Run Time: 131 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 224 customer reviews
- ASIN: B00005T34J
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #7,193 in Video (See Top 100 in Video)
Enemy at the Gates
An all-star cast lights up the screen in this riveting epic hailed as "a vivid dramatization of one of history's titanic turning points". (Gene Shalit, TODAY) The year is 1942 and the Nazis are cutting a deadly swath through Russia. Under the leadership of Kruschev (Bob Hoskins), the citizens of Stalingrad are mounting a brave resistance, spurred by the exploits of their local hero, Vassili Zaitsev (Jude Law). An expert sniper, Vassili's deeds have become legendary - thanks to propaganda produced by Vassili's best friend, a political officer named Danilov (Joseph Fiennes). To stop Vassili, the Germans dispatch their best sniper, Major Konig (Ed Harris), to Stalingrad. When Vassili and Danilov both fall in love with a beautiful soldier (Rachel Weisz), Danilov deserts his friend, leaving Vassili to face his German counterpart alone. As the city burns, Vassili and Konig begin a cunning game of cat and mouse, waging a private war for courage, honor and country.
Showing 1-8 of 224 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Want to see more reviews on this item?