- Media: Electronics
- Item Quantity: 1
Energy ESW-8HG 8-Inch 200 Watt Subwoofer (High Gloss Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 8-inch MPP Woofer with Ribbed Elliptical Surround brings music and movie effects to life
- Internal amplifier delivers 200 watts of clean power with complete accuracy and deep bass down to 33hz
- Phase Control to blend with any speakers, low-level & speaker level inputs for connection to any receiver or amplifier
- Bass-reflex design with Front Firing Port provides excellent bass extension, deep-reaching bass
- The variable low pass filter (40Hz-150Hz) allows versatile blending using the built-in crossover or your surround processor
The powerful Energy ESW-8 uncovers what you've probably missed before—deeper, cleaner bass. It's the way to go if you're building your dream system. A built-in amplifier allows this hard-hitter to deliver 200 watts of RMS power you'll feel as well as hear.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I like the gloss black case but it is hard to keep clean and you have to be careful not to scratch it.
Had a problem when I first received it but it is fixed now and works great. Getting a defective product is discouraging but the vendor (AVGear) went out of their way to help me make it right -- This vendor is the very best!! Thanks..
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
However, that's about all this subwoofer is good for. It is obvious that the driver and amplifier are of good quality - they can handle low frequencies at room shaking volumes with ease. Unfortunately, the box is poorly constructed, resulting in "port noise" that completely overpowers the volume of the bass it's producing at frequencies as high as 50hz. Considering the box is allegedly "tuned" for frequencies as low as 35hz, that is unacceptable. (For reference - while frequencies of 20-35hz are largely inaudible, they are the frequencies you "feel" during explosions etc in movies)
This speaker has much cleaner bass and goes deeper. I'm using it with a Pioneer Elite KURO PRO-111FD. I've even used the TV and this sub to listen to classical music, The Planets by Holst for example. Even Mars, the Bringer of War sounds good with this speaker.
I never could get things to sound right with the Yamaha. With this speaker getting it dialed in was a snap.