- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Engaging China: Myth, Aspiration, and Strategy in Canadian Policy from Trudeau to Harper Paperback – Mar 26 2014
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“This invaluable book provides an informed and expert analysis—clear, brief, and balanced—of the evolution over decades of Canada’s experiences with China, and recommends an approach that can make the most of our future relations with this inevitable, changing, and dominant power.(The Right Honourable Joe Clark, P.C., C.C.)
About the Author
Paul Evans teaches contemporary Asian affairs at the University of British Columbia.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
His book is timely as well, as the current government badly stumbles in trying to reconcile how to engage the growing (or re-emergin China) and how to balance CDN values with the growing economic realities of a stronger, more dominant China. What was particularly helpful was the chronology and details of CDN policy makers in the 1970s and 1980s offering the reader insight in terms of how Canada was actually ahead of rivals Australia, US and Japan to a degree..............leaving the reader with great appreciation of the 'catch up' work Canada needs to undertake now after a lack of concrete policy and 'engagement' over the past 9 years.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Theory
- Books > Business & Investing > International
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Government > Politics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics > International > Relations
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Theory