- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Engaging With Nature: Essays on the Natural World in Medieval and Early Modern Europe Paperback – May 1 2008
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“Engaging with Nature: Essays on the Natural World in Medieval and Early Modern Europe, edited by Barbara A. Hanawalt and Lisa J. Kiser, includes discussions of animals, of religion and nature, of hunting, of the collecting and representation of New World plants and animals, and of the rise of science.” —Studies in English Literature 1500-1900
“. . . This unusually strong anthology will serve admirably for both private study and classroom use for any scholar willing to be inspired by critical animal theory or ecocriticism.” —Journal of English and Germanic Philology
About the Author
Barbara A. Hanawalt is King George III Professor of British History at Ohio State University.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing
- Books > History > Europe
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Medieval
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Movements & Periods > Medieval
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Human Geography
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > Creative Writing & Composition
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Geography