Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Business Competitiveness: The Fragility of Interdependence Hardcover – May 28 2011
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Dimitris Chorafas once again demonstrates the profound breadth and depth of his intellect as he brings to bear his years of expertise as a technical innovator and business leader on the most pressing problems facing humanity today - energy production and environmental preservation in the face of overpopulation. This is a clarion call to action reviving the themes from the 1972 classic, Limits to Growth. Dr C. Dianne Martin,The George Washington University, USA
About the Author
Professor Chorafas is an academic and consultant. He is a member of the New York Academy of Sciences and visiting faculty to the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL). He has been a Fulbright Scholar and has taught in 10 universities around the world. During his career, Dr Chorafas has been a consultant to the board of UBS, Bank Vontobel, Bank of Scotland, Commerzbank, Istituto Bancario Italiano, Credito Commerciale, Banca Provinciale Lombarda, First Austrian Bank, Italcementi, AEG-Telefunken, Osram, General Electric Bull, and a number of other companies. Over 8,000 executives around the world have attended his seminar programme. In 1992, in conjunction with the Swiss Academies of Sciences, he established his Foundation which grants annual awards to the best PhD graduates at 25 partner universities worldwide. Dr Chorafas has authored 153 books on engineering, mathematics, banking and finance. Many of them have got 5 stars out of 5 in rating. Among his most recent are 'Globalization's Limits' and 'The Business of Europe is Politics' and 'Education and Employment in the European Union' (February 2011) published by Gower.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Environmental Economics
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Natural Resources
- Books > Business & Investing > Management & Leadership > Operations Research
- Books > Business & Investing > Processes & Infrastructure > Green Business
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Natural Resources
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Operations Research
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Energy
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Energy
- Books > Science & Math > Technology > Renewable Energy
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences