- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Environmental Impact of the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry Hardcover – Dec 1999
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Russian ecologist Patin synthesizes the massive research on all aspects of the impact of expanding the industry onto the continental shelf on the environment, fish stock, and fisheries in shelf waters. He emphasizes the environmental levels, behavior, and toxicities of oil and gas hydrocarbons and related chemicals and wastes, including so-called low-toxicity drilling muds and cuttings. He also analyzes strategic principles of environmental management and regulation for environmental protection and ecological monitoring in relation to offshore oil and gas activity. An impetus for the work is the increasing exploitation of Russia's offshore oil and gas resources, the richest in the world, and the recent bitter dispute with Exxon about it." -- SciTech Book News, Book News, Inc. December, 1999
From the Publisher
This book is a single-source reference on environmental issues surrounding the offshore oil and gas industry. The scale of information covered in the text is unique: it includes detailed data and multidisciplinary discussion on every facet of the problem. This self-contained comprehensive resource belongs to the library of everybody concerned with environmental aspects of the offshore oil and gas development. It is a necessary tool for the oil and gas professionals, environmental protection and fisheries specialists, as well as members of the government and public groups involved in activities to control and prevent the impact.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Environmental
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Energy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Natural History
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Ecology