- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Environmentally Responsible Design: Green and Sustainable Design for Interior Designers Hardcover – Oct 13 2008
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“With plenty of black-and-white pictures, diagrams, charts, a significant glossary, and substantial bibliography, this volume has no shortage of supporting information.” (Choice Reviews, June 2009)
From the Back Cover
Learn the principles and practice of sustainable interior design
Covering everything from theory to current practices, eight leading design educators present the tools and knowledge needed to implement an environmentally responsible approach for any interior design project. It opens with a broad perspective on global sustainability followed by a timeline of human and environmental interactions. This sets the stage for the book's coverage of the day-to-day issues of environmentally responsible interior design, including:
- Indoor air quality
- Environmentally responsible lighting design
- Energy and water issues
- Evaluation and specification of interior finishes and furnishings
- United States Green Building Council and LEED certification
The author sets forth and examines a variety of essential design standards and philosophies, including LEED-CI, William McDonough's "Cradle to Cradle," Minnesota Sustainable Design Guide, and Energy Star®. The final part of the book is dedicated to two in-depth case studies that demonstrate how the principles and practices discussed in the book have been successfully put into action. Throughout the presentation, detailed illustrations enable you to better understand how environmentally responsible design works. A bibliography at the end of the book leads you to additional resources.
Armed with this book as a reference, students and professional interior designers will make sound design decisions that incorporate the principles of sustainability with aesthetics and functional requirements.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Interior Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Buildings > Environmental
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Interior Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Reference
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Sustainability & Green Design
- Books > Textbooks > Architecture
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Architecture