Essential ActionScript 3.0 Paperback – Jul 2 2007
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Colin Moock is an independent ActionScript expert whose world-renowned books have educated Flash programmers since 1999. He is the author of the canonical "Essential ActionScript 2.0" (O'Reilly, 2004) and "ActionScript for Flash MX: The Definitive Guide" (O'Reilly, 2003, 2001). Moock runs one of the web's oldest Flash developer sites, www.moock.org and is the co-creator of Unity, a client/server framework for creating multiuser applications.
Top Customer Reviews
It covers a lot from beginner variable declaration to pixel manipulation of images.
The table of content is well described enough to be used as a reference book later on. Some books I read before had information so scattered all over the book, it was impossible to go back and find that information fast.
Essential ActionScript 3.0 is an overall good book but for people who live in the code so don't expect big images taking a lot of space which in certain book makes the actual learning content very slim.
However, it is unfortunate that the book is now outdated and targets Flash Player 9, which means there is nothing at all about new aspects of Flash Player 10 like the Sound class or Vector arrays. That being said, because the book does give an insightful look into details that other books miss, I highly recommend this book to anyone who is serious about developing in ActionScript 3.0.
For all the developers coming from AS 2.0 this book makes the migration smoother.
There are lots of valuable tips that can be learned from the book.
This IS an excellent book even for beginners.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Video Production
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Object-Oriented Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design > Flash
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Computer Science
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Object-Oriented Software Design
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Programming Languages