Essential McLuhan Paperback – Aug 1 1995
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Eric McLuhan is Director, Media Studies, at The Harris Institute for the Arts in Toronto.Frank Zingrone was Professor Emeritus and co-founder of the Communications Department at York University, Toronto. He died in 2009.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
That's where a compilation like this one can come in very handy. For the new McLuhan reader, this generous collection offers enlightening snippets from nearly all of his major works, as well as some informative profile pieces. It's a great introduction to McLuhan specifically, and to media studies in general, and should nicely pique the interest for further study.
Anyway, this book seems to read like McLuhan always wanted it: short, digestible bursts of prose.
The Playboy Interview is fantastic. I always generally enjoyed McLuhan in a dialog scenario more than his writings, though his writings definitely tend to have more moving moments of clarity and epiphany.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Graphic Design > Commercial
- Books > Education & Reference > Words, Language & Grammar > Communication
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Books & Reading
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology