Essentials Of Cost Accounting For Health Care Organizations Paperback – Mar 7 2007
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
"Dr. Steven A. Finkler" is Professor of Public and Health Administration, Accounting, and Financial Management at New York University's (NYU) Robert F Wagner Graduate School of Public Service (NYU/Wagner). At NYU/Wagner he heads the specialization in health services financial management. An award-winning teacher and author, Dr. Finkler is engaged in a variety of research topics in the areas of economics and accounting.
Among his publications are sixteen books, several of which are "Finance and Accounting for Nonfinancial Managers," third Edition, (2003), "Budgeting Concepts for Nurse Managers," third Edition, (2001), and "Cost Accounting for Health Care Organizations," second Edition, (with David Ward, 1999.). He has also published more than 200 articles in many journals, including "Health Services Research," the "Journal of Public Policy and Management," and "Healthcare Financial Management."
He received a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics (dual major in Accounting and Finance) and Master of Science degree in Accounting from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. His Master's degree in Economics and Doctorate in Business Administration were awarded by Stanford University.
Dr. Finkler, who is also a Certified Public Accountant, worked for several years as an auditor with Ernst and Young and was on the faculty of the Wharton School before joining NYU. He is a member of the Executive Board of the International Society for Research in Healthcare Financial Management, the Editorial Board of "Health Care Management Review," and the Board of Governors of Daughters of Israel Geriatric Center. He served as Editor of "Hospital Cost Management &Accounting" for 12 years, and is a past member of the National Advisory Council for Nursing Research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). He consults extensively, both around the country and abroad.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Accounting
- Books > Medical Books > Administration & Medicine Economics > Hospital Administration
- Books > Medical Books > Allied Health Professions
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Accounting
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Industries & Professions > Accounting
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Hospital Administration
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Allied Health Professions
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Accounting
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Administration & Policy > Hospital Administration & Care
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Allied Health Services