Every Dark Desire Paperback – Jun 26 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Naomi's life in Jamaica was mostly uneventful, until the night her desire for women takes her to a place she's never been before -- and leaves her lifeless. Belle is now a blood-sucking, cold-blooded vampire, recruited by a clan of men and women just like her.
The ringleader, a sexy beast named Silvija, makes sure Belle learns the ropes of hunting for blood, fighting enemies and satiating her sexual cravings. It's far from easy, what with Belle missing her daughter, Kylie, and the life she left behind.
And it especially doesn't help that Belle's falling for her.
Their encounters are extremely wickedly hot, but Belle can't seem to get a good read on whether their affair means more to the unattainable Silvija. To a group of vampires who lack human characteristics, it's hard to tell whether Silvija's carnal desires are real, or just a part of the hunt and chase.
Zedde's Desire is evident in every page. You see the growing yearnings Belle has for Silvija, and the author's trademark sex scenes leave nothing to the imagination; you can visualize and feel thrust and lick. However, I wish this same attention to detail was given to the plot. In reading Desire I felt like the sex came every chapter, and the ending felt rushed. With that being said, Zedde is an excellent writer I will always read, as her previous works -- Bliss and A Taste of Sin -- were more than enjoyable.
Desire kept my pulse racing, but left me wanting more -- whether that's a good thing is up to you.
Every Dark Desire would have been an okay read if Fiona Zedde had focused more on the story development minus all the sex scenes. Vampires are known to have carnal desires that are never fulfilled and that is understandable but never have I read a book that is not in anthology form, have sex scenes every few pages. There is a way to express that a character has engaged in sex without there having to be a scene about it. It got to a point where I began to skip over the sex scenes trying to find the story underneath. The little pieces of the story that were expressed happened to be pretty well-written. Sad to say this but at the ending of this book is when the story actually picks up and becomes interesting. I do not recommend this book to everyone unless you are looking for a book that is eighty-five percent sex scenes, fifteen percent story.
Reviewed by Chantay W.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Erotica
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Lesbian
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Literature & Fiction > Fiction > Romance
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Gay & Lesbian > Erotica
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Occult
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror > Vampires
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > British
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > African American
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Supernatural
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > Lesbian Studies
- Books > Romance > Erotica > Adult Fiction
- Books > Romance > Erotica > Gay & Lesbian