- Visit the McGraw-Hill Technical Store for resources to learn more and do more.
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About DVD Paperback – Oct 15 2003
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
by James K. Deane, Library Assistant at Emporia Public Library, Kansas
Largely taken from author Taylor's online DVD FAQ [Frequently Asked Questions]...this is a good reference for questions about DVD technology. It covers the history of DVD development, some minor troubleshooting, and DVD recording. Many questions may be answered in the online site [at http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html.] Libraries building extensive video technology collections should consider this along with Taylor's DVD Demystified. (Library Journal 2004-02-03)
From the Back Cover
JIM TAYLOR'S OFFICIAL DVD FAQ
When DVD newcomers and the DVD community itself want answers, they go to Jim Taylor's dvddemystified.com Website. But growing legions of DVD fans clamored for more. They asked for a book that puts DVD answers at their fingertips any time, anywhere!
* Finding Easter Eggs
* Running DVDs on Any Computer
* Audio and Video Hookups and Compatibility
* Why Some Discs Won't Work in All Players (and Which They Will Work in)
* DVD, CD-ROM, CD-RW, and Super Video Compatibility
* Where to Find Hardware, Software, and Help
* Charts and Tables Unique to This Book
* Solutions, Solutions, Solutions, and More Solutions USERS AND REVIEWERS ON JIM TAYLOR'S DVD FAQ
"The biggest, meanest DVD FAQ out there ..." -- DVD Infomatrix "You are an angel sent from heaven to give the rest of the world the incredible encyclopedia of knowledge that is the DVD FAQ. Thank you thank you thank you." "The DVD FAQ ... is a work of perfection." "Dude, your DVD FAQ is the reason I got into DVD." "A distillation of frankly presented information on new technology, immensely beneficial to prospective users." See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Direction & Production
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Video > Reference
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Video > Technical
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Digital Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications > Television & Video
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Acoustics & Sound
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Acoustics & Sound
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Film & Television