From the Back Cover
“Loaded with helpful information and coding tutorials, this exploration around the extensive capabilities of BeagleBone Black has me excited to connect everything I encounter to the Internet.”
— Christine Long, BeagleBoard.org Foundation
“What I’ve learned on this topic has taken me a decade of self-study culling through books and release notes and various platforms. Here, you’ve demystified it all in the span of a single (large) volume.”
— Brian DeLacey, founder of the IoT Festival
“This wonderful book is at the nexus of so many of the skills that are vital to today’s computer scientists, electrical engineers, and innovators of all stripes as they turn their ideas into transformative creations.”
— Prof Ray Simar, Professor in the Practice of Digital Signal Processing Architecture, Rice University, Texas
“Derek Molloy’s, Exploring BeagleBone, is THE book to go to if you are interested in learning about embedded Linux programming and how to use it to exploit the powerful capabilities of the BeagleBone single board computer.”
— Prof. Burford Furman, San José State University, California
GIVE LIFE TO YOUR CREATIONS WITH THE VERSATILE, LINUX-POWERED BEAGLEBONE
Whatever applications you can dream up, the BeagleBone can help you build them. This hands-on guide teaches you the essential BeagleBone skills and underlying engineering principles. It then takes you into interfacing, communication, and control so that you can create your own projects. Finally, you’ll explore using the BeagleBone for advanced applications such as building Internet-of-Things systems and real-time interfacing. With hands-on examples and outstanding guidance, this book will give you the in-depth knowledge to do great things with the BeagleBone.
- Features a detailed review of the Linux, electronics, and programming skills required to master the BeagleBone
- Thoroughly examines interfacing the BeagleBone to almost any type of circuit or device
- Demonstrates advanced BeagleBone applications such as network communications; rich user interfaces; images, video, and audio; and real-time interfacing using the BeagleBone’s PRU-ICSS
- Teaches transferrable essential skills to help you design with electronics, modules, or peripherals that can be used even beyond the BeagleBone
- Offers a strong “learn-by-doing” approach that supports both beginners and power users
Visit the companion website at www.exploringbeaglebone.com for source code, instructional videos, online peer discussions, and more!
About the Author
Dr. Derek Molloy is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Electronic Engineering at Dublin City University, Ireland. Derek produces a popular YouTube series on the BeagleBone platform and a wide variety of embedded Linux topics. His videos and personal blog have introduced millions of people to the BeagleBone, embedded Linux, and digital electronics.