Fallout 4 - PC - Pip Boy Edition
- Physical Pip-Boy Pocket Guide. Featuring handy illustrations and chock full of Vault-Tec® approved tips, this manual is the ultimate how-to pocket guide for using and maintaining your new Pip-Boy.
- Physical Vault-Tec Perk Poster. Keep track of your perks with your very own physical Vault-Tec perk poster, fully colorized retro fun for the quintessential Wasteland survivor.
- Power Armor Collectible Metal Packaging. Exclusive to the Pip-Boy Edition, this decorated metal case is the ultimate fan collectible.
- *Requires compatible smartphone. Pip-Boy companion app available to download at game launch. Illustration only; actual device might differ.
- Pip-Boy® Edition includes highly anticipated game plus: Pip-Boy Replica, Stand and Capsule Case. This wearable device faithfully replicates the in-game model and comes complete with RobCo Industries stand, custom-printed capsule, adjustable foam cuff, rotating knobs and lights. Designed to accommodate a variety of smartphone devices* with customizable foam inserts, the Pip-Boy is the ultimate accessory for the official Pip-Boy companion mobile app that allows players to manage their in-game inventory, perks, holotapes, and more.
- Limit one per customer due to the collectible nature of this item
- Platform: Windows 8
- ESRB Rating: Mature
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform for Display: PC | Edition: Collector's
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The pipboy, as others mentioned, is pretty cheaply made. The knobs feel as though they can easily break off if one fiddles with them too much. The plastic housing of the pipboy is nice and clean but doesn't feel as cheap as others seem to imply; it's closer to some higher quality toys (at least to me) from the late 90s but not quite as good as the early 90s./late 80s.
The main problem I have with the pipboy is my small wrist which even with the strap attached the pipboy is quite loose on the wrist area and not quite as snug as I'd like. Further up the arm it's a perfect fit though.
Overall, I agree with others that this is only something a die-hard fan would likely enjoy more than the average gamer. Paying $150 (CDN) for this is quite the overpriced little toy for the quality we get. At this price, even the PC Explorer Edition of No Man's Sky seems like a better deal with its die-cast figure. That said, I do enjoy it for what it is.
To conclude, either get this when its on sale (which I doubt it'll ever be :/ ) or simply wait for the GOTY edition of Fallout 4.
The pip boy accessory, while looking really nice from afar, is a disappointment. The plastic feels flimsy and the knobs don't have any functionality and feel like they would fall apart if I'm not super careful.
Finagling with the phone, foam padding, and little plastic mask just to play with the pipboy is a real pain. You also can't properly use a keyboard while wearing it.
Worse yet was the pipboy app: I can barely use it when the phone is loaded in the accessory, and getting a call while playing results in disaster: you can't answer the call easily since the pipboy hides the onscreen buttons, and you can't return to the app without removing the pipboy, popping the cover open, removing the mask, and restarting the app...
The poster, base, and metal case look badass though!
Conclusion: buy the pipboy edition if you want to show off your collectibles and possibly do some cosplay, but don't expect to be playing the game with it!
My only real negative comment is the Pip-Boy is made ridiculously cheaply. The light button on top is stuck, and for the love of god, don't push the black rectangular one on the top, it'll break and get stuck inside, forcing you to have to open it up. I'm using it as a display piece because it looks cool, but the build quality is actually horrific.
Regardless, this game is going to keep me busy for years, when I'm not resisting the temptation to play, for the sake of my GPA.
It's not worth the money by a long shot but I'm sure as a lot people have, fell to the idea it would be a well built, or at least usable without worry of harming it.
Everything else is excellent, I especially love the Pip-Boy case the contents came in, the uses for it are endless!
Most recent customer reviews
Arrived quickly (after the months of waiting for it to be released on Nov 10) and it's awesome. Bought as a gift and definitely made me the favorite.Published 6 months ago by kate
Amazing game so far. hard to review a game at this point that needs a few 100 hours to complete haha.Published 7 months ago by Chris McFarlane
Great showpiece. Works as a wearable. Mine felt solid, but did have one of the working buttons become loose.Published 7 months ago by Jake
Would have given 5 stars but the pipboy was kind of cheaply made and I got some of the buttons stuck inside of it within the first 2 minutes of opening it.Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer