Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition
|Price:||CDN$ 22.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
- Beyond the Wasteland: The world of New Vegas is more expansive than ever. Each new distinct area presents a fresh set of branching-quests, remarkable personalities and more chances to play the Savior or the Pariah to the natives of New Vegas.
- · Dead Money: Lured into a trap masquerading as the Sierra Madre Casino, you are thrown into a high stakes game where you'll have to work with three other lost souls if
- Honest Hearts: An expedition into Utah's Zion National Park goes horribly wrong and you become embroiled in a war between tribes and put into a conflict between a New Canaanite missionary and the mysterious Burning Man.
- Shiny New Toys: Each add-on pack increases the mountain of armaments already at your disposal. Whether you're an in-your-face brawler or a long-range gunner, weapons such as the Two-Step Goodbye (unique ballistic fists) or Sleepytime (a handy 10mm Sub-Machinegun) will give that warmonger in you a chance to flex your ammo-filled muscles.
- Room to Grow: With each of the four main add-on packs, the maximum levelcap is increased by 5 levels, ultimately raising the ceiling to Level 50.
- Platform: Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- ESRB Rating: Mature
- Media: DVD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Welcome Back to New Vegas! With the introduction of the Ultimate Edition, Bethesda Softworks offers you the chance to double-down and get the complete package of New Vegas fun. For the first time in one package, you can get all the Fallout: New Vegas content including the full suite of highly acclaimed add-on content: Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues and Lonesome Road. To sweeten the pot, you'll be armed with the latest cache of unique weapons, ammo types and recipes from the most recent add-on packs: Courier's Stash and Gun Runners Arsenal. Whether you're a seasoned explorer of the Mojave or playing the game for the first time, you'll find there are more friends and enemies to make, more consequences to your actions and more opportunities to live in glory or infamy throughout the Wasteland. The choices you make will be as crucial to your survival as ever. Enjoy your stay.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The first thing that hit you in the Mojave desert is how...familiar this new world looks like. The graphics, which were excellent two years ago, are still very good - but they are no longer cutting edge. Besides some richer shadowing and somewhat more vivid colors, if there are any major graphical improvements since FALLOUT-3 I failed to notice them. Having said that, I must admit that I loved the desert skies, especially during sunrises and sunsets!
Although both the story and the location are different from FALLOUT-3, I was happy to meet old friends: the handy PIPBOY-3000, the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. skill system and the V.A.T.S. targeting aid. The gameplay seems to fit like a favorite old pair of jeans.
Character development has both acquired more depth (with the return of Traits which offer advantages but at a price) but also made easier.Read more ›
This "Ultimate Edition" includes all DLC (4 added-on chapters, and various added-on weapons & gear) on one disc.
However it comes with no documentation - no manual, no booklet, nada.
This made for some early frustration (being new to the Fallout series) before discovering things like ALT to aim (aiming is fairly important) - or holding R awhile to lower your weapon (less important).
The role-playing aspects are not as intricate or sophisticated as Oblivion or Skyrim; it's more of a "shooter" than those games.
That said, the computer-hacking mini-game is fun; as is the in-game gambling - both in casinos and through an invented game ("Caravan") that's quite good (if initially poorly explained).
One caveat: the first add-on ("Dead Money") is possibly the Worst Game Ever - but (as with 2 of the better 3 add-ons), once begun, you have to finish it to get back to the main game... which I found miserable drudgery.
I'd have liked a manual (found one online); and in another play-through would just skip the one horrible chapter... but OVERALL, it offers a lot of fun.
The company who created the universe of Fallout wanted to give us a last story by implementing on the engine and work made by Bethesda and the ultimate result is magnificient!
A must buy!
P.S.: Need more eye candy? Get the "NMC Texture Pack" for Fallout New Vegas!
review to follow in future after Fallout 3 explored to its fullest..
Most recent customer reviews
lots of bugs (Bethesda) but good story (Obsidian). Came in good shape very good pricePublished 5 months ago by Andre
Exactly what I expected it to be. Great game with lengthy DLC.Published 13 months ago by James Polese