Fantastic Tales: The Photography of Nan Goldin Hardcover – Oct 3 2005
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Jonathan Weinberg's many publications include Ambition and Love in Modern American Art (2001); and Male Desire: The Homoerotic in American Art (2005). Joyce Henri Robinson's previous publications include An Endless Panorama of Beauty (2003). --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Some of her best and most important images are here-Christmas at the Other Side, Nan and Brian in bed, Gotscho kissing Guilles, among others-some I haven't seen anywhere else.
The essay is also very personal. It reveals Nan Goldin more intimately than other books, exploring her intention to preserve the present by photographing...although ultimately, as she puts it, the photographs have shown her how much she has lost. The essay combined with the amazing photographs (printed on quality paper) creates an intense emotional environment.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Artists, A-Z > ( G-I ) > Goldin, Nan
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Collections, Catalogues & Exhibitions
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Equipment, Techniques & Reference > Reference
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Erotic Photography
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Photo Essays
- Books > Arts & Photography > Reference
- Books > Education & Reference