Compare Offers on Amazon
Feels Like Today Enhanced
|Price:||CDN$ 18.17 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|1. Where You Are|
|2. Bless The Broken Road|
|3. Then I Did|
|4. Feels Like Today|
|5. Fast Cars And Freedom|
|6. When The Sand Runs Out|
|7. Here's To You|
|8. The Day Before You|
|9. Break Away|
|11. Oklahoma-Texas Line|
Co-Produced by Mark Bright, Marty Williams and Rascal Flatts is the reigning ACM, CMA, and CMT Top Vocal Group. Rascal Flatts has sold over 4 million albums. Melt just crossed the 2 million scans mark - a feat that has not been accomplished by a sophomore album since the Dixie Chicks.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Fast Cars and Freedom
Feels Like Today
Where You Are
Here's To You
Then I Did
When The Sand Runs Out
Bless the Broken Road
If you like country music you will not be disapointed with this CD
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The serious tone taken on many of these songs may be a bit surprising (unless you remember "I'm Moving On" and "My Worst Fear"), such as the intoxicating openers, "Where You Are" and "Bless the Broken Road." The title track and "When the Sand Runs Out" preach of living your life in the moment (the latter song does this eloquently; the title track, not so much). Superb songwriting and musicianship (Gary Levox, vocals; Joe Don Rooney, electric guitar; Jay DeMarcus, bass) help craft this into an award-worthy album.
Each "Rascal" (yeah, that sounds horrible) contributed a song to the album, and they got together to write the blissful "Oklahoma-Texas Line." Three guys, one sound, Rascal Flatts have established themselves as talented hitmakers, overcoming the boy-band image garnered upon them when they broke through. Definitely, FEELS LIKE TODAY will help establish them as a country band that just happens to have a pop look (but not necessarily sound).
1. Feels Like Today - (music: 10/10) (lyrics: 8/10) this was their first single off the album. although the lyrics are a little confusing and the music video doesn't help you understand what this song's message is any better... the tune is very addicting and the vocal's are jsut amazing. there have been days when i couldn't get this chorus out of my head at all!
2. Fast Cars & Freedom - (music: 10/10) (lyrics: 10/10) this is easily my favorite song on the album. describes a man's strong feelings for his wife/girlfriend years after they met and how when he looks at her he still sees the young girl he fell in love with ... "to me, you don't look a day over fast cars & freedom. that sunset, river bank, first time feeling." the tune is also very catchy.
3. God Bless The Broken Road - (music: 10/10) (lyrics: 10/10) a powerful love song that reminds me of "like i am" from their previous CD. this is their second single that has already been released and it's excelent. describes how a mans mistakes in life have led him to find his one true love ... "every long lost road led me to where you are. others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars." great lyrics & a powerful acoustic sound.
4. Where You Are - (music: 10/10) (lyrics: 9/10) another song with a tune that you will be humming in your head all day long. wasn't one of my favorites at first, but the chorus grows on you quickly.
5. Then I Did - (music: 9/10) (lyrics: 8/10) this is a good song and it reminds me a lot of "these days" from the previous CD. it's about a man whose girlfriend tells him to leave and chase his dreams because that's all he's ever wanted, but then he declares "you were wrong, love is what i wanted all along." good song, just not as catchy as some of the others.
6. When The Sand Runs Out - (music: 10/10) (lyrics: 10/10) my other favorite song on this album. maybe one of my favorite songs they have ever done! powerful lyrics about a man who decides to change his life after the death of a close friend ... "i'm gonna stop looking back; start moving on, and learn how to face my fears. love with all of my heart and make my mark, i wanna leave something here." very pretty music and a chorus that will stick with you.
7. Here's To You - (music: 10/10) (lyrics: 10/10) this songs really cute! it's a tribute to all of us, their fans. it's also very upbeat and the lyrics are fun ... "you're the heart and the soul and the reason we do what we do, here's to you!"
8. The Day Before You - (music: 8/10) (lyrics: 9/10) very beautiful song. the lyrics are sweet & heartfelt. but the music isn't anything spectacular. still, it's another great song describing the love a man feels for his significant other and the impact they have made on his life.
9. Break Away - (music: 9/10) (lyrics: 10/10) the classic "escape" song! the lyrics are fun and the chorus is upbeat. makes you want to just get in the car and drive out of town!
10. Holes - (music: 8/10) (lyrics: 9/10) the music doesn't really grow on you like all the other songs on the album, but the lyrics might. it seemed almost out of place on this CD of mostly upbeat songs... but after i heard it a few times the chorus became stuck in my head. you might be tempted to skip this one over, but don't! give it a second lsiten.
11. Oklahoma-Texa Line - (music: 10/10) (lyrics:10/10) another really cute song with the most upbeat tune on the album. about a couple living their average, but more than happy, life ... "i got all i ever need when that girl is by my side. everything i love is there inside a little brick house on the oklahoma-texas line." great song!
12. Skin **HIDDEN TRACK** - (music: 10/10) (lyrics: 10/10) most beautiful and touching song on the CD. the music and vocals are both lovely and the lyrics made me cry the first time i heard this song. tells a very sad story about a little girl with cancer. it's a very sweet song.
This is the CD I've wanted to hear from them since I began listening. I loved their debut album, and "Melt" was good. However, on the latter, I found some of their lyrics a bit trite, and no particular growth in their musicality.
This CD finds their lyric sense maturing to deeper, more powerful songs, and their musicality is showing through FAR more on this CD.
Especially after seeing them live, Jay and Joe Don are both PHENOMENAL guitarists, and you didn't hear that so much on the other CDs. You hear more of those two as musicians on this CD, and it also features piano fairly dominantly on several tracks. I'd wager probably played by Jay - he's an awesome pianist. It's an evolving, wonderful CD.
My particular track recommendation is "Broken Road." The song talks about finding "the one" and seeing how the hurts and pains of the past were pointing the way to "the one." It's got lovely piano in the song, and Gary's vocals are, as always, compelling. Current single "Feels Like Today" is wonderful as well.
Several tracks are written by at least one of the guys, and the final track, "Oklahoma-Texas Line," written by all three. It's good to see them evolving as singers and songwriters.