The Feminine Personification of Wisdom: A Study of Homer's Penelope, Cappadocian Macrina, Boethius' Philosophia and Dante's Beatrice Hardcover – Sep 30 2009
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The author demonstrates that female personifications of intellectual and moral virtues should be taken seriously as a theme in the history of western thought." - Prof. Louise D. Derksen Free University of Amsterdam "... a work of huge range, displaying impressive control of diverse periods and genres and raising questions, literary, cultural, religious, suggestive and at times controversial, that will be of interest to many, not just to experts in the field." - Prof. John Warden University of Toronto"
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > Medieval
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > European
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Movements & Periods > Renaissance
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Ancient
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > World Literature > European
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Gender Studies