Femininity, Mathematics and Science, 1880–1914 Hardcover – Nov 24 2009
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Winner of the Women's History Network Book Prize 2010
'This excellent, thought-provoking study will deepen the understanding of all interested in gender issues and in the conflicts in science and mathematics in this period.' - Reviews in History
About the Author
CLAIRE G. JONES is editor of HerStoria Magazine and an Associate Lecturer in History at the University of Liverpool, UK. In 1999 she was joint winner of the Clare Evans Prize for the best new essay in the field of women's history and gender and history.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > History
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Nonfiction > Philosophy
- Books > History > Europe > England
- Books > History > Europe > Ireland
- Books > History > Gay & Lesbian
- Books > History > Historical Study > Social History
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy > History of Science
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > History > Europe
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Mathematics
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Gender Studies