Fern Ecology Paperback – Jul 5 2010
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The extensive end-of-chapter bibliographies and excellent glossary are commendable. Illustrated with black-and-white and some color photographs, this is a valuable scholarly contribution to the knowledge of ferns, an integral part of the world's flora."
L.G. Kavaljian, California State University, Sacramento, Choice Magazine
"This comprehensive treatment of fern ecology makes it clear that ferns can be the exemplars for any major concept in biology and that are temperate zone bias has led to many misconceptions about the more than 10,00 extant species of ferns and fern allies. Fern Ecology is an excellent introduction to this rapidly growing field. The comprehensive and detailed nature of the treatment might lead you to believe that this scholarly book should be used as a reference. However, the authors and editors have done an excellent job at making this an enjoyable and engaging read for anyone interested in ferns."
Marshall D. Sundberg, Emporia State University for Plant Science Bulletin
The first in-depth summary of the ecology of ferns, with fully-illustrated examples from throughout the world, showing the ecological importance of ferns and their role in conservation, succession and restoration. The book provides a framework for future research for graduate students and professionals in ecology, conservation and land management.See all Product Description
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Pharmacology
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Botany
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Botany
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Pharmacology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Flora > Ferns
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Plants > Ferns
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Pharmacology
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Botany
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Ecology