Films and Dreams: Tarkovsky, Bergman, Sokurov, Kubrick, and Wong Kar-Wai Paperback – Aug 1 2008
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
[Botz-Bornstein] displays a masterful degree of familiarity and understanding, not only of the concept in question but also of the concept's historical relativity....Film and Dreams contains a great deal of vital argument, which for formalist and psychoanalytic scholars of film should provide a great deal of impetus for much needed discussion. (Screening The Past, June 2008)
Botz-Bornstein's books display a superior capacity to engage―with rigour, application and insightfulness―in research projects dedicated to customarily neglected philosophical topics. In an English-speaking academic world dominated by over-specialization and institutionalized narrow-mindedness, Thorsten Botz-Bornstein's Films and Dreams brings a breath of fresh air. (Parallax Magazine, June 2009)
About the Author
Thorsten Botz-Bornstein is assistant professor of philosophy at Gulf University for Science and Technology in Kuwait.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts > Individual Directors
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > Direction & Production
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies > History & Criticism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Aesthetics
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Dreams
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Film & Television
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Philosophy > Aesthetics