Financial Futures Primer Paperback – Illustrated, Oct 22 1997
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The Financial Futures Primer provides the reader with an introduction to the futures markets in general and financial futures in particular. All of the futures contracts explored in the text are approached by a common pricing framework-the proposition that rational prices preclude arbitrage profits.
To ensure that the mathematical demands placed upon the reader are minimal, there is an uncomplicated, applied explanation provided for each topic. As each concept or valuation technique is introduced, it is explained in detail, the relevant formula is presented, and a calculation example is presented.
The text also emphasises the use of financial futures in risk management. While the Financial Futures Primer features ample examples of speculative strategies that can be implemented with these instruments, the focus of the application examples is the management of pre-existing risk.
This brief, yet comprehensive, overview of the complex topics surrounding futures makes the Financial Futures Primer a valuable resource for professionals as well as an ideal supplement for advanced undergraduate courses in finance and economics and MBA level investments courses.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Public Finance
- Books > Business & Investing > Finance
- Books > Business & Investing > Investing > Futures
- Books > Business & Investing > Investing > Options
- Books > Business & Investing > Popular Economics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Public Finance
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Economics
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Finance
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Investments & Securities