Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 11.54 shipping
+ CDN$ 19.41 shipping
+ CDN$ 33.33 shipping
Fiskars 32-Inch PowerGear Bypass Lopper
|List Price:||CDN$ 85.47|
|Price:||CDN$ 74.30 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 11.17 (13%)|
- PowerGear patented gear technology multiplies leverage to give you up to three times more cutting power on every cut
- Powers through thick branches that traditional loppers and pruners can't
- Makes cutting dramatically easier than it is with other tools
- Maximum cutting capacity: 2-Inch diamater
- Length: 32-Inch
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
32-Inch of pure lopper goodness. This superior grade tool is lighter, stronger and more powerful than anything you've ever used. A unique gearing mechanism multiples the cutting force by nearly three times over single pivot loppers and the smooth action eliminates the jarring conclusion at the end of cuts. Razor-sharp, precision ground blades. Bypass blade design for cutting living growth. 2-Inch cutting capacity.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
For years now I've been using various cutting tools for handling the wild area behind my house. Every piece of every tree I cut down either winds up going through the chipper or becomes firewood. So in building the arsenal to do all that efficiently, having a good pair of loppers is essential. This model is nothing less than superb. The chief features to me are:
1. Most importantly, the outer tips of the blades are beveled, thereby preventing them from ever overlapping as the cut is being made so as to prevent them from destroying themselves via chipping the edges. My old cutters failed to have this feature, and I had to constantly watch each and every cut, and I *still* had chipped blades due to this overlapping.
2. Very light.
3. Very strong. The aluminum handles are shaped so as to use the minimum material while maximizing strength along the plane where the force is exherted. My last loppers seemed pretty beefy, but I eventually broke one of the fiberglass handles in half, so metal handles are a must in my book.
4. Cuts like butter, and handles anything piece of wood that will fit in the jaws. The gear action is smooth and highly effective.
5. Easy to spot in the brush thanks to the orange highlights, and in general a very attractive tool.
The loppers are very light and the power gear makes it very easy to get the torque needed to cut through one inch to one and a half inch limbs with no sweat. I've got average strength, middle-age and arthritis and am able to enjoy cutting brush with these..mostly saplings and tree limbs that I want to clear along my driveway.
I know Fiskars is a good name in cutting shears for sewing and I hadn't realized that they also manufactured tools; but I'm extremely happy to have found this out.