- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Five Cries Of Grief Paperback – Dec 20 2007
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
On August 12, 1986 twenty-five-year-old David Strommen was struck and killed by a bolt of lightning. The tragedy sent his parents reeling with grief. Out of that grief came a journey toward healing - a journey that is chronicled in this extraordinary book. The Strommens encountered five cries of grief - the cry of pain, from the awareness of their devastating loss; the cry of longing, from missing their son; the cry for supportive love, from the extreme sense of vulnerability they experienced; the cry for understanding, as they tried to attribute meaning to a meaningless loss; and the cry for significance, as they strove to see some good result from this tragedy. As they wrote accounts of their journey, they recognized that the grief of a father may differ significantly from that of a mother. Their stories - voiced in alternating chapters - launch a journey that can provide strength, insight, and renewal for all who experience the heartbreak of a loved one's sudden death.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The chapters alternate between the father's journal and the mother's journal, with each realizing that the pains and how they deal with the loss are so completely different.
This is the only book my husband was able to relate to, as it came from a father's view, didn't appear to be all mushy and was not preachy.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Religions > Inspirational
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Protestantism > Self Help
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Death & Grief > Grief & Bereavement
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Counseling
- Books > Parenting & Relationships
- Books > Religion & Spirituality