Five Simple Steps to Emotional Healing: The Last Self-Help Book You Will Ever Need Paperback – Dec 6 2001
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From Publishers Weekly
For those scared off by the seemingly endless self-help road and amenable to New Age philosophy, Gloria Arenson, a psychologist specializing in energy and power therapies, presents Five Simple Steps to Emotional Healing: The Last Self-Help Book You Will Ever Need. Arenson practices and ardently recommends Meridian Therapy, a technique stemming from acupressure that allows people to decrease their levels of stress without professional help. By tapping on eight different spots on their bodies, practitioners can alleviate anxiety, the impacts of trauma, compulsive behaviors and any number of other difficulties.
Copyright 2001 Cahners Business Information, Inc.
Fred P. Gallo, Ph.D. author of Energy Tapping, Energy Psychology, and Energy Diagnostic and Treatment Methods Energy psychology is among the most powerful therapies for the new millennium. Read this book! It really works!
Gary H. Craig founder of Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Gloria Arenson has brought the startling new techniques of energy psychology to the public in such a readable way that now anyone can have the keys to emotional freedom.
Top Customer Reviews
Snakeoil salesmen eat your heart out.
The TRUTH is there is NO easy (10 minute) solution to all of your "emotional healing" problems, nor are your emotions "broken". As a mental health professional skeptical on much of self-help genre, this particular type of book (unrealistic promises, nonsensical claims, with no scientifically supported evidence) especially bothers me.
Life IS hard at times; learn to live with it, cope, and thrive.... develop character and a sense of self-efficacy, and your emotions will follow.
I have been using Roger Callahan's tapping treatments for about two years so when my therapist brought this book to my attention, I ran to my local Borders. I purchased Gloria Arenson's 5 simple steps and immedietly read it. This book has helped me in so many ways, in such a short period of time, I would have to write my own book to thoroughly explain. Let's just say... I had a very non-stressful holiday season, I haven't had a cigarette in over 7 days, I was able to see my ex-husband on Christmas day without feeling animosity or anger, and I'm sleeping better. This book has changed my life. If you have stress, I really recommend this book. It's the easiest and most functional tutorial I've seen on this technique.
Most recent customer reviews
I wish this book would have come out years ago. Gloria Arenson's approach to healing is fantastic. It is fast, easy and you don't have to wait for days or weeks to feel better. Read morePublished on June 28 2002 by Beth Sandoval
This technique really works! Don't let the cover fool you this is a great book for both women and men. The book is so easy to understand. The text flows in a logical progression. Read morePublished on Jan. 19 2002 by Victor Sigismondi
In "Five Simple Steps to Emotional Healing" Gloria Arenson has done a wonderful job of making energy psychology techniques understandable and easy to apply. Read morePublished on Jan. 9 2002 by Fred P. Gallo
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Stress > Stress Management
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Medical Books > Alternative & Holistic > Acupuncture
- Books > Medical Books > Alternative & Holistic > Healing
- Books > Medical Books > Alternative & Holistic > Holistic Medicine
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Reproductive & Sexual > Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Surgery
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Mental & Spiritual Healing
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Alternative & Holistic > Acupuncture
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Alternative & Holistic > Healing
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Alternative & Holistic > Holistic Medicine
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Books > Self-Help