Flip Turn Paperback – May 1 2004
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Polak seems to have mastered the pre-teen voice to a tee. Flip Turn will keep young readers going right through to the last page." (Marlene Eisner The Suburban)
"Author Monique Polak has managed to pack a lot of drama into this novel... She has clearly done her research. The in-pool portions of this story are decidedly refreshing." (Bernie Goedhart Montreal Gazette)
"Kids will appreciate Polak's book for its frank writing and honest characters. Her characters are flawed but utterly human, and their moral struggles are ones that ring true with teens. This would be a good choice for reluctant readers." (Kelly Di Domenico Montreal Families)
"This is an enjoyable read both as a sports story and as realistic fiction. There is enough about swimming to entertain sports enthusiasts, as well as a compelling human aspect that will hook most readers." (Resource Links)
"Flip Turn would be an excellent addition to school, public and personal libraries. The swimming theme draws a sports reader while the relationship theme would appeal to a realistic fiction reader. Highly recommended." (CM: Canadian Review of Materials)
About the Author
MONIQUE POLAK is a regular contributor to The Montreal Gazette and has been published in many other major publications such as the Globe and Mail, The National Post, and Newsday. She lives in Montreal with her husband and daughter, where she also teaches writing and English Literature.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Girls & Women
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > Social Skills
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Children's Books > Sports & Outdoors > Sports > Water Sports
- Books > Teens > School & Sports > Fiction
- Books > Teens > School & Sports > Girls in Sports
- Books > Teens > Social Issues > Being a Teen