The Flying Dutchman in Full Score Paperback – May 16 2012
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Der Fliegende Hollander (The Flying Dutchman) was Richard Wagner's first big success, following his promising but less-than-hit compositions, Die Feen (The Fairies) and Rienzi. Today, many still find Dutchman the most accessible of Wagner's works, and a good choice for the neophyte. You can follow the score and see how Wagner achieved his orchestral effects--like the tense, stormy music of the Dutchman's crew--with this full score from Dover. A full score is more fun for the armchair conductor, and more useful for the student, but they're not as good a deal for working singers who just need the vocal lines and piano accompaniment. Dover Scores are reprints of out-of-copyright editions from other publishers, and sometimes contain errors that have been corrected in more recent versions, but they're still the biggest bargain going in printed music.
About the Author
Composer and conductor Richard Wagner (1813 83) is best known for his four-opera classic, "The Ring." Unlike most other composers, Wagner wrote both the scenario and libretto for his operas."
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The score score was fine except for no English translation.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Composers > Wagner
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Forms & Genres > Ballet & Dance
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Forms & Genres > Opera
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Historical Period > Late Romantic
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Composition