The Forager's Harvest: A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting, and Preparing Edible Wild Plants Paperback – May 1 2006
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Samuel Thayer is an internationally recognized authority on edible wild plants. He has been teaching about and researching edible plants for more than 20 years.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I do think that this book would be better suited to those who live in more rural areas, or who have access to more intense equipment like canoes. However, as an urbanite, there are lots of references to wild greens and berries that I can find in the city. All around a great book, not meant to be a complete reference, but especially good for beginners like myself.
Most recent customer reviews
Bought this as a gift for a family member. It is thoroughly appreciated and used as a "must have" reference. Well worth it.Published 1 day ago by GreyChick
Great little book. The page edges opposite of the spine of the book are all color-coded, so you can match up a live specimen very quickly.Published 1 month ago by Sifo Dyas
Thayer is absolutely the best writer on wild foods around. His books are exceedingly well illustrated and explained. Read morePublished 15 months ago by A. C. Seruntine
A great book to read as a novel (fascinating stories and descriptions) and to use as a reference book. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Josee J Nadeau
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Economics > Agricultural
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Natural Foods
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Gardening & Horticulture
- Books > Education & Reference
- Books > Professional & Technical > Accounting & Finance > Economics > Agricultural
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Economics
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Botany
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Flora > Flowers
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Plants > Flowers
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference