- You'll save an extra 5% on Books purchased from Amazon.ca, now through July 29th. No code necessary, discount applied at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Force: Dynamic Life Drawing for Animators Paperback – Oct 8 2006
|New from||Used from|
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'For animators or anyone exploring life drawing, this book is an inspirational choice.'
3D World, Feb 2007
'Force: Dynamic Life Drawing for Animators, 2e is key to understanding how to capture forceful poses with dynamic drawing. It is informative, concise, and packed full of inspirational illustrations...Force is not just another 'anatomy for animators' book - it assumes that the reader has experience of figure drawing. The focus here is to build on that knowledge and to use straight and curved lines to show the direction of force in the body. Every point in the text is thoroughly demonstrated with the help of superb, dynamically drawn examples.' - Animated News, Oct. 2, 2006
Animators and artists will discover and master the difficult techniques of rhythmic drawing - bringing their work to life!See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 0:25 Mins|
First of all, this is a book for intermediate and advanced artists. Foundational knowledge of anatomy is required to fully appreciate and follow along with the lessons.
This book is about creating realistic poses for life drawing. Examples show how forces inside the body and outside (gravity or objects) act on the human figure, and how the body reacts to the force.
There are lots of tips and illustrated examples on strong and memorable poses, such as the using of structure and form, overlaps, foreshortening, silhouettes etc. The explanations are clear and simple, even very sketchy illustrated examples bring the point across with very few lines.
While many instructional drawing books teaches how to draw, this book teaches how to think before drawing. Whenever I draw, I always remind myself of the tips to help prevent my characters from being too static.
Additionally, there are also chapters on handling clothing, drawing on location and drawing animals.
There are more pictures of the book on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for the link.
So happy with my purchase.
Most recent customer reviews
Great book as a guide for life drawing or animation. Concepts are explained and organized clearly.Published 6 months ago by Michelle
Things in this book that I never learned in college. It's worth a read every year and most importantly this book will boost your gesture drawings and illustrations with more... Read morePublished on Feb. 20 2014 by Jean Claude de La Ronde
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Design & Decorative Arts > Graphic Design > Animation
- Books > Arts & Photography > Drawing > Figure Drawing
- Books > Arts & Photography > History & Criticism
- Books > Arts & Photography > Instructional & How-To
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Film & Video Art
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Video Production
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Movies
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Performing Arts > Film & Television
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Visual Arts > Drawing