Forever Young: Essays on Young Adult Fictions Hardcover – Sep 30 2008
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
«Once again, Chris Richards shows us why cultural studies matters. A pioneer in every sense, Richards has been working the intersections between media studies and education for several years now, opening up unexplored and exciting vistas in and across each. In this book, Richards turns his sharp, critical eye to the complexities of on- and off-line literary productions - a topic he takes on with characteristic rigor and flair. I cannot recommend this book highly enough!» (Greg Dimitriadis, University at Buffalo, State University of New York)
«Chris Richards complicates common sense definitions of ‘adolescence’, and provides a welcome contribution to current debates within and outside of the field of education around the relationship between real and imagined youth and popular cultural narratives.» (Elizabeth Marshall, Simon Fraser University)
About the Author
The Author: Chris Richards is Reader in Education at London Metropolitan University. He has a Ph.D. in media education from the University of London, and is the author of Teen Spirits: Music and Identity in Media Education (1998).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Museums & Collections > Business of Art
- Books > Education & Reference > Schools & Teaching > Instruction Methods
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Cultural
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Children's Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Teens > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > American Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > English Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Anthropology