Formal Engineering Design Synthesis Paperback – Sep 29 2005
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'Formal Engineering Design Synthesis celebrates the sheer intellectual pleasure of design. Through rigour in theory and daring in application the articles in this book present an inspiring guide to state-of-the-art research.' Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design
The creation of a new design is often thought of as a fundamentally human, creative act. However, emerging research has demonstrated that aspects of design can be formalized. By the mid-1980s earlier informal methods evolved into more formal (computable) methods. More recently, highly automated design synthesis techniques have emerged. This timely book, with chapters by internationally renowned experts, reviews the state of the art in formal design synthesis methods. It also provides an in-depth exploration of several projects in formal design synthesis and examines future directions in computational design synthesis research.See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Industrial Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Mechanical
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering