Foundations for Violence Free Living: A Step-By-Step Guide to Facilitating Men's Domestic Abuse Groups Paperback – Jun 15 1995
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Mathews text is well organized and written in a conversational voice that is engaging and interesting. It's surprisingly all-inclusive programatically- from determining who to include as a participant and how to select and train a facilitator to instructions for a final review. I enjoyed the author's perspective that there is no magic solution and everything in this book can be adapted to suit your specific needs, personalities and philosophies.
The topics to address and the how to's for them leave nothing out, in fact, one gets the feeling in readng this book that a savvy and dedicated rookie might be quite successful by this model.
If anything is left out, it's the business and administrative side of creating a men's program: there is no discussion of marketing, fees, how to find funding or evaluate the success of your whole program. If you seek other info sources about the business aspects and focus on the program itself and the good it can do, you will find this guide to be the only one you need.
Reviewed By Maryan Pelland, OnText.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Industries & Professions > Nonprofit Organizations & Charities
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health > Abuse & Self Defence > Domestic Violence
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Abuse
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Current Events > Poverty > Social Services & Welfare
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology