No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Fourth Law Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Kindle Monthly Deals
Each month we unveil a new collection of Kindle books for $3.99 or less. Deals expire on the last day of the month. See more.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
great start, nice idea, not so thrilling execution.
The writing style was overblown. Descriptive phrases and explanations got in my way. Reading was slowed, and the overuse of adverbs and adjectives, especially superlatives, were too overused to give a clean, flowing reading experience. Instead of building connections to the characters, the characters tended to come off as cardboard mockups of the real thing. And, like many other action books, even by some of the most successful authors, much of the action was outside the range of believability.
There were two major flaws that disturbed me. First, in the product description on the product page in the Amazon kindle store, there was no reference to any religious aspect of the book, but religion played a major part in the story. The main charachter's Christian faith was pushed hard in the plot, and though that is fine with me, it should have been noted in the product description. The second major flaw was the use of such a religious emphasis along with graphic sex. If the author wanted to include a message honoring the Christian faith, the ssxual aspect in the book would not sit well with Christian readers. In the same way, readers who enjoy sexual scenes would probably find the numerious Christian references offensive. While it is true that both sexual activity and religion are very real parts of our society, the indiscriminate use of both in one book seems unwise.
In the end, the story was closed out in a way that would never have been possible in any real world. The entire scenario was not believable, which took away from the hopes I had had when I picked the book to read.
I enjoy Mr. Stein's easy and educated writing style. I'm looking forward to his layman's explanations of the first three laws. Put me on the list for the next one.
The Fourth Law
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Gravity
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Gravity
- Kindle Store > English Language Store
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Gravity
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Math > Physics > Gravity