- Actors: Betsy Palmer, Adrienne King, Amy Steel, Dana Kimmell, Tracie Savage
- Directors: Danny Steinmann, John Carl Buechler, Joseph Zito, Rob Hedden, Sean S. Cunningham
- Writers: Barney Cohen
- Format: Anamorphic, Box set, Color, Dolby, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Language: English
- Region: Region 1 (US and Canada This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about DVD formats.)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
- Number of discs: 5
- MPAA Rating:
- Studio: Paramount
- Release Date: Oct. 5 2004
- Run Time: 734 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 16 customer reviews
- ASIN: B0002JP572
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #58,464 in Movies & TV Shows (See Top 100 in Movies & TV Shows)
Friday the 13th - From Crystal Lake to Manhattan (Ultimate Edition DVD Collection)
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Friday The 13Th The Film Takes Place Years After A Young Boy Named Jason Drowns In A Lake While Attending Camp Crystal Lake And Shortly Thereafter, The Camp Closes. Flash Forward To The Present, Where The Owner Decides To Re-Open The Camp And One By One, The Counselors Have Mysteriously Been Murdered By An Unseen Person. Friday The 13Th, Part 2The Second Installment Picks Up With Jason Voorhees, Presumed Dead From Drowning Years Ago, Exacting Revenge On The Innocent Campers At "Camp Blood." Living As A Hermit In The Woods All These Years, Jason Witnesses The Graphic Murder Of His Mother And Decides To Wreak Havoc On Everyone At The Camp - Killing Each Camp Counselor One By One. Friday The 13Th, Part 3 Vacationing Teenagers Take Off For A Weekend Of Relaxation At Camp Crystal Lake. Planning A Few Days Of Sex, Drugs And Rock-And-Roll, They Are In For A Series Of Frightening Surprises When A Local Motorcycle Gang Follows The Teenagers Back To Their Campsite, Only To Find A Persistent Jason With An Agenda Of His Own. Adorned With His Trademark Hockey Mask For The First Time In The Series, Jason Delivers Non-Stop Chills And Thrills As Everyone On The Lake Must Fight For Their Lives. Part Iii Includes Cast Commentary By Author Peter Bracke And Actors Larry Zerner, Paul Kratka, Dana Kimmell And Richard Brooker. Friday The 13Th, Part Iv: The Final Chapter Jason Resurfaces From A Seemingly Deadly Massacre And Returns To Camp Crystal Lake To A New Set Of Prey. Starring A Young Corey Feldman As Tommy Jarvis, It Seems Jason Has Finally Met His Match In The 12-Year Old Horror Movie Maven. Enlisting The Help Of A Local Hunter, Tommy And His Sister Must Rely On One Another To Help Defeat Jason, While Also Trying To Avoid Their Own Demise. Friday The 13Th, Part V: A New Beginningwith Jason Dead, Someone New Has Begun A Killing Spree Of Their Own, Using Jason'S M.O. And Preying On Inhabitants Of A Sanctuary. Friday The 13Th, Part Vi: Jason Livestommy Returns To The Grave To Ens
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Friday the 13th - 7/10 - Here's where all the mayhem begins. Camp Crystal Lake gets written into the horror books, and the murder of camp counselors begins. While Jason is not the original killer, it's still a classic, and is one of the most successful of the series.
2) Friday the 13th Part II - 7/10 - Finally we get some Jason action in here. Murders contine at Camp Crystal Lake, with a fantastic ending. A pretty solid sequel, with more of the same.
3) Friday the 13th Part III - 8/10 - Jason dons his trademark hockey mask for some great slaying. Kids make a getaway to Camp Crystal Lake only to find the manical killer waiting for them.
4) Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter - 10/10 - While not really the final chapter of the series, its arguably the best film. Don't want to spoil this one for you, so I'll shut up.
5) Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning - 5/10 - I like this film more than most reviewers do, but its still probably the weakest in the series next to Part VIII. The film has an unexpected turn, which you'll have to watch to find out. You'll then know why this film doesn't quite live up to its breathren.
6) Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives - 10/10 - The series returns from the doldrums of Part V to a fantastic film. Tommy returns to Jason's grave, only to bring him back to life... and boy is Jason pissed.
7) Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood - 9/10 - Tina is a troubled girl with strange telekinetic abilities. She accidently raises Jason from the depths of Crystal Lake to unleash the killer on a neighboring cabin full of teenagers.
8) Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan - 6/10 - Jason hops on board a boat filled with teens headed for New York City... mayhem ensues. While not the pinnacle of the series, its still good for a scare.
Friday The 13th-This is a good film that started the whole series. Though it may not be as good as alot of the sequels, it still provides the thrills we want. And remember, this was just the entry in the series that entroduced the series.
7/10 Rated R for Nudity, Mild Language and Strong Violence
Friday The 13th Part 2-This is where the series really started to get heated. It is gorier, scarier and creepier then the original. Although this is censored at some parts, it is still one of the best in the series.
8/10 Rated R for Nudity, Language and Gore.
Friday The 13th Part 3-This is the second best of the series. It was where it started to get a little more uncensored. The cast is ok, but the kills are very creative. I really like the kill where Jason shoots the arrow and it goes into a girls eye, and she falls into the lake. But what makes this movie a gem, is that Jason gets his mask.
9/10 Rated R for Strong Violence, Nudity, Strong Language and Gore.
Friday The 13th Part 4:The Final Chapter-The final chapter? Ya right. There was still 7 more sequels after this movie. But don't let the lying name make you think it's not a good movie, because it's AWSOME! The best of the series. It has the most gore and scares. Plus it has Corey Feldman and Crispen Glover. Yes!
10/10 Rated R for Brief Nudity, Language and Strong Gore.
Friday The 13th Part 5:The New Begining-This entry of the series would have to be my least favorite, because of it's ending, and alot of it is censored. WARNING: Spoilers Ahead! The reason it's not as good is because, at the end, the killer is not Jason. Along side the original, it's the only one that the killer isn't Jason at the end.
5/10 Rated R for Hard Nudity, Violence, Strong Language and Gore.
Friday The 13th Part 6:Jason Lives-This is the second best of the series. It lives up to it's title, unlike the fourth one.
Jason is back, and this time, he's MAAAAAAD! This is the funniest of the series but still manages to fit in enough gore to satisfy any horror fan.
9/10 Rated R for Comidic Horror, Nudity, Strong Language and Gore.
Friday The 13th Part 7:The New Blood-This is my second least favorite, but I still love this movie. We get to see Jason after death with his mask off. When I watch this movie, I so wish they didn't censor this movie so badly, that it even could have earned a PG-13 rating. I'm serious.
7/10 Rated R for Nudity, Language, Violence and Frightening Images.
Friday The 13th Part 8:Jason Takes Manhattan-This is an improvment over seven and is one of the better entry's of the series. At least they show more gore then the seventh. And I also like the idea of Jason not in Crystal Lake. The only thing is, Jason only spends the last 30 min. in Manhattan, and the other hour and 10 min. on a boat.
8/10 Rated R for Strong Violence, Nudity and Language.
So, overall, only one of the movies isn't that great, but it's still a must buy. Oh ya, there are still three more sequels and tey are called: Jason Goes To Hell:The Final Friday aka Friday The 13th Part 9, Freddy Vs. Jason aka Friday The 13th part 10 and Jason X aka Friday The 13th part 11. If your wondering why Freddy Vs. Jason is Friday The 13th part 10 and not 11, well, it takes place before Jason X. Go to the website and see for yourself.
We want to see the REAL movies, the movies the directors intended...Not films that are cut to bits. The extras on this set try to make up for this, which is nice, but this is not what we (the fans) have been waiting for.
It's great that this is finally out there, but I cannot give full marks to this set as it is fatally flawed. Paramount missed out on a chance to release something truly special.
Want to see more reviews on this item?
Most recent customer reviews
I LOVE THESE MOVIES.AND THE BONUS FEATURES DISC IS FULL OF MAKING OF DOCUMETARYS FOR ALL EIGHT FILMS,SAME FOR...Read more
"Paramount" finally smartens the hell up and re-releases...Read more