countdown boutiques-francophones Eco Friendly Cleaning and Care Furniture Kindle sports Tools

on April 13, 2016
There is a reason why this book is so famous! It is easy to read, and Carnegie has a knack for illustrating his point beautifully. It really goes into detail about how to get good responses from people, and how to make people want to be around you. If you have trouble with "rubbing people the wrong way" frequently, this is the book for you.

After a few chapters it becomes really clear that you get what you give, and it is definitely worth the read. I wish schools would have this as part of their curriculum! A parent who can pass on this knowledge to their children (and learn from it themselves) is one who can really influence their future happiness and success.
on April 6, 2017
I avoided this book for a long time because I was put off by the "How To Win Friends" in the title - kind of smarmy. However, when I finally got to reading, I was pleasantly surprised to find what I perceive as an intelligent, timeless treatise on dealing optimally with the harsh realities of human nature. Perhaps even more indispensable today than when written. Highly recommended.
on February 22, 2017
I'd heard of this book several times but was put off by the title and how 'fake' and disingenuous it seemed. Eventually I decided to give it a try and I'm so happy I did – the content of the book was sincere and the strategies suggested are applicable for both personal and business relationships. This is such a valuable lesson in communication and truly a must-read.
on August 12, 2016
I have socially anxiety disorder and have been shy my entire life. Personality wise, I'm also a bit socially and emotionally inept, so interacting with others in a positive way has often been frustrating and challenging for me. I wanted to work on my skills for professional reasons as I felt my lack of work relationships were holding be back. I found this book fairly helpful in self reflecting on my social skills and working on improving them by being more likeable. At times the suggestions came off as being a bit forced and fake but it truly does make a difference to fake it until you make it. Eventually, with practice some of the suggestions in the book came a bit more natural to me. This book won't turn you from a wallflower to a social butterfly but it can definitely help you to make meaningful relationships with those you meet. With some effort to push yourself out of your comfort zone and practice you will get what you put into it!
on July 23, 2016
After reading this book, I went online to look for any local courses offered by Dale Carnegie. It was a weekly 4hr course over a couple months. Essentially it was his books condensed into a course. Some people learn everything they need from reading, other people learn through full emersion and activities. I read the books, so I knew the material, but the course helped me anchor the material to experiences.
on April 9, 2017
How to Win Friends and Influence People is one of the greatest books I have ever read. The simplicity of the chapters, combined with practical common sense tips, and Mr. Dale Carnegie's eloquent writing style makes a worth read at least once in everyone's life. I am quite baffled why others believe this can be used to "manipulate" others. Becoming interested in others, showing appreciation, and non-criticism lightens up not just another's life, but the person showing the interest and appreciation. So simple, but so true. I will continue to read this book until the principles are completely second nature to me.
on October 26, 2016
Well written. At the time it first came out I can see why people needed this book. The messages in the book still apply to our society today but you will see that we have come a long way since the book first came out and the messages may not seem new anymore but the book is still fun to read.
on November 9, 2016
My favorite part about this book is that it focuses on the fundamental behaviours we can easily adopt rather than abstract qualities. And each behavioural rule is supported by many real-life examples. With enough practice and patience, even adopting 10% of the rules in this book will change how people look at you drastically.
on February 27, 2017
Very interesting read, not dense, thoughtful and lessons that can be applied to you everyday life. Read a little before bed every night, and refresh on the literature every once a while, and good things will come your way.
on March 15, 2015
This is one of those life changing books. Even though it was written a very long time ago, the principles found within are as relevant today as they were back then. Dale gives several examples (many of them hilarious) to prove his points. It is a wealth of information. If you want to improve your lot in life, give this book a read. It is all common sense type information which is not so commonly practiced these days. If you want to stand out (for the right reasons), read this book and use the principles within.

The information in this book is so powerful, that lessons are still available today based on this book.

I very highly recommend this book.