Fundamentals of Nuclear Science and Engineering Second Edition Hardcover – Sep 7 2007
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
But wish it wasn't so expensive.
This text is one of the worst I've ever had to deal with. There are very few examples in the book and the solutions for the problems are nowhere to be found online. The lack of good examples can make a simple question take obscene amounts of time.
The book is formatted poorly as well, which makes it difficult to find things when you're flipping back and forth between pages. There are a few pictures and graphs but most pages are just block text which can take quite a bit of time to wade through if you don't already know exactly where to look.
Unfortunately most people buying this book don't have the option to choose something else, however, if you're a professor wanting to change books, I would recommend looking elsewhere.
The authors give clear explanations and derivations are good too.
I really suggest it as an nuclear introductory course for anyone, also not nuclear engineering students.
I have tried Lamarsh before, but it is hard to follow. Duderstadt & Hamilton is great too, but it deals "only" with reactors.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Aerospace > Advanced Mechanics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Mechanics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Materials Science > Thermodynamics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Mechanical
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Nuclear
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Physics > Energy
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > History & Philosophy
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Dynamics > Thermodynamics
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Energy
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Mechanical Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Mechanics